11.30.2006

Paul

ya know I would really like to see a break down of where our governments gets its revenue and where it spends it. It's silly how hard it is to find out answers to simple things like that.

I do think we would lose a shitload of money if we stopped taxing businesses. The arguement that they are individuals I believe is fundamentally based on them being taxed.

I was thinking about the minimum wage last night because I didn't really post how I felt about it. Well here it is. I think the minimum wage level is very dependant on the region of the country. I think the current federal minimum wage is something near 5.15 an hour. I don't think that the federal wage should be something like 9, but it should probably be higher than 5.15. Oregon has it set to 7.50 and our economy has been doing quite well actually. I think it could support moves to a higher level without much of a problem if done incrementally. I haven't noticed inflation as a result. I would be curious to see a breakdown of corporate profits by region as well to see if all the states that have a 5.15 wage somehow provide the profits for companies enough that they can pay 7.50 in wages someplace else, where they don't really make money. That would be neat to see.

Anyway, nice to have you at the table Rob.

Mark, I've got a few things going on in my head right now, I've been thinking about system stuff and I'm reading what's posted I just don't have the mojo to do guys and spell writeups right now. Long sentansce.es

Hell, I haven't even finished my map or written up the system I've been using for 3 years.

No comments: