11.26.2006

Follow the white star

It's not 100% on, but I don't think it's 100% off.

If I move from a bad environment to a better environment, it doesn't solve THE problem, but it solves A problem: in particular, it solves MY problem.

...

I moved out of the ghetto as soon as I could afford it, because I was sick of getting mugged. But for other reasons too of course- to live closer to school, to live around better restaurants and bookstores, to have a little garden in my backyard.

But yes. If I was unhappy with my choice of habitat, and there was nothing keeping me there, I'd move, and quickly. I think most people do. White flight and all that is an example. What better proof do I need than bloghaiku:

Exhausted, he rests
I should've known by the smell
Follow the white star

No comments: