11.29.2006

Paul has an Axe he is Shy.

It seems like the sum of the idea here I don't like is that somehow the money that Walmart kids get is earned. It seems like the money I get is earned, but If I ask for more.....well, I need to earn it, still. If I got a raise.....if the whole country got a raise, well we are asked what we have done to earn it. How is it so hard for me to earn 40 an hour when its so easy for someone else to earn 5000 an hour. Is it possible that the system that allows this is somehow not a good thing?

All money owned, how equitably it is owned is important. How the people involved with production of a product are treated says a lot about the health of an economy. I liked Marks idea of Ecomentalism, or whatever he called it.

So, Rob

What's the evidence that free money cures poverty? Any precedent at all?

Thats what you said.

You asked for an example, I gave you 2. ¥ou said that they were off subject when I gave you what you asked for. I told you you didn't really want these examples.....and you got mad at me for doing it and said I was second guessing your motives. I have not addressed your motives at all. I have acurately predicted your response to the answer given to your question. An answer you discarded, as not quite right. Ok I'll assume you want to understand....What exactly? I want to understand why some people think that it's ok to allow, or even encourage that one person to be treated worse than another?

If you prefer a meritocracy, how close do you think we are to one? Also what changes could be made in our existing system to get to where you might like it to be. If we are somewhat a meritocracy, how is the merit expressed? I think basically we are a plutocracy, an oligarchy, with a dash of kleptocracy, so it appears to be just.



What are we really talking about. It's a Chorus now with me and you. What are we talking about.
I'm a baritone.

Me, I think people need to be treated more fairly. I think it's unfair that anyone working in a company can be paid more than 100 times, or 1000, what the lowest paid employee makes. Just a number I throw out there and I'm comfortable with that. If the lowest paid employee makes 24k then someone else is limited to 240k. I think that it is well within the domain of our government to enact a law like that or something like it with slightly different numbers. It's basically how Costco works right now, and they seem to do alright.

I think that the rich do not pay enough in taxes. Have you ever seen a rich persons tax form? I haven't, but there must be a reason they pay tax lawyers year after year to help them out, and the rumor is it's so they can avoid just about any taxation, if they have a smart lawyer. So I am for changing tax law, or at least enforcing it.

I think it's sick to say that Sam Walton earned the money his family now controls. He certainly didn't earn it all on his own. It was earned with some other people, and I doubt they got what he got. I bet he earned some of it by making illegal deals, just a bet. I doubt if you were in a party adventuring with sam you'd have let him walk off with almost all the treasure, just because he had the map. Average CEO pay is grotesque in this country. Companies aren't really doing anything about it, I do think it's unhealthy for our economy, as such I think it's our governments responsiblity to act, if someone doesn't make it a more just system, then someone else will. I think that if we wanted to as a country we could make the minimum wage far more equitable. I think it would hurt the pocket books of some poor people to do this , but I think overall it would be for the best. I think it would be possible to do with less inflation that assumed. I think the reason it doesn't get done is because wealthy people oppose it and they to some extant to manage misinformation campaigns. I can't prove this to you. I think it's obvious. What are my motivations....hrm. There's a part of me that wants to say that motivations are needed to deny reality. They are not needed to acknowledge it. Yeah I like that. I might think about that a bit, but I don't think I will really need to because it seems true, understood even. Thats part of my motivation, it's to find out what I really think, and find out a little more truth.

What are my motives for saying this? hrm...I think it's because I hope to make some change in the reader who has followed this whole series of thoughts (from Chris' Start). If no change has been made, then I do think that for the most part it is because they didn't want to change. I believe that understanding leads to change. If I understand something in a new way then I behave in a new way. I don't understand much of what KT says, asserts untruths and hides from truth, I know I don't agree with him. Maybe I don't understand, maybe I don't want to. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe I should clean this coffee shop. OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat рost. Thегe's a problem along with your site in web explorer, may test this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a good part of other people will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

Review my webpage :: Cheap toys