11.28.2006

Ezekiel the demon

Hello gentlemen.

Thought while you were still in the area I'd share my two coppers.

I in fact happen to be a free market capitalist, of the laissez-faire old guard, for a couple reasons.

First, and leastly, the free market promotes and encourages the class struggle, of fighters vs. mages, of adventurers vs. monsters. I am free to hoard my loot as I see fit, or spend it on traps and minions, while you are free to kill me and take my treasure and buy a magic sword. Or commission a painting of yourself killing me.

(I'm sure we'd all nod, "d'accord", when I assert that any PC is, tautologically, a capitalist of this sort. Not once in my long days across the planes have I seen a PC build a poorhouse.)

Second, I am a capitalist for the simple reason that the changes in socioeconomic policies have enacted child labor laws.

And that's a damn shame.

I'm well-aware that it's not the popular opinion, n'est-pas 'P.C.', but in my view, the legislation of child labor laws has ultimately done more harm than good. Need I cite a report showing an increase in child crimes? Or the new data on the increased number of youths finding their way to the Abyss post-mortem? Partially due, no doubt, to the current lack of responsibility and oversight of these young hooligans. Need I mention statistics on the earning power of families with working tots, vs. families where fatty lads and lasses roll around in front of broken television sets complaining about the lack of Fruit Rollups? I think we're all in agreement.

But mainly, child labor makes for good, strong, delicious healthy children. <:)

And that's a fact.

Thanks for listening; fascinating discussion going on here.

Ezekiel 'E-Z' Glabrezu

No comments: