11.26.2006

Huh.

Like I said, I have no idea if Milton's scheme should work. As I alluded too, it seems too simple for me. Yes, it seems to treat a symptom.

However, I think your analogy about the Texan gay guy, like or unlike mine, is cold. It's nice that you can go to the police. You are a clean-cut white guy. But, what if the police hate clean-cut white guys? That well-established and tested justice system works for you, but not because of your merit.

I agree with many of your points on poverty, but I just think what you said about that guy is pretty harsh. To make my point, read this:

---------
And honestly I didn't have a lot of sympathy for the tortured black guy, because if he'd just moved out Mississippi to say, Canada, he wouldn't have to be tortured anymore. His problem really wasn't that he was black, it was that he didn't know enough to know that black was okay, somewhere else in the world. He was just too lazy to move out of fucking Mississippi.
---------

Is that ok with you?

No comments: