7.13.2006

When a monk grapples, he gets to do automatic damage and the opponent loses the round, and it can happen round after round

So the +20 to hit is for one single roll that has to come next round. So it's not totally unreasonable. Actually, in five years of 3rd edition, I've only seen it cast once. Usually it's a better idea just to let the fighter roll on their own and use your mage spell for magic missile, I guess. But yeah, 3rd ed Haste was out of control, hence 3.5 edition. Monks are now broken in 3.5 edition due to 'grappling', which is a different story.

By the way Steve, here on the table talk page you don't gotta sign your name in the post title if you don't want.

As for the Bar, good luck my friend. I thought taking the bar was all about failure, so I wouldn't worry about it more than necessary to motivate you. Where I'm from, failure is sort of a way of life. I've failed at everything I've tried at and applied for, at least the first time. Being where I am, obviously the success has come at some point, but it takes effort. I wear failure as sort of a badge of courage, as honestly, I'm skeptical of people who succeed too easily, too often. They obviously haven't suffered enough to care, to have their faith tested so to speak.

No comments: