12.18.2006

reading

Welcome back, Justin. Here's to more A's than B's.

I'm reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins and "Great Expectations" by Dickens right now. Once again, I am a bit under-impressed with Dawkins. Still, like "The Selfish Gene", it should be read by most everyone.

As for Dickens, he's great. -I'd never thought I'd say that. I meant to get The Great Gatsby at this bookstore in Beijing for my flight back, but was distracted and picked up "Great Expectations" instead. Kind of a bizarre mistake, but I'm glad I made it.

I picture Azoth as having a winged helm. Kind like Hermes, I guess. -I remember this old AD&D artist (Earl Otus?) used to draw these guys with these helmets sporting ridiculously long wings. So long, that the guy could probably lean back a bit and rest on the points. Steve (Dag) used to have a character named Winglor when he was 12. -I bet he had some long wings on his helmet.

No comments: