12.13.2006

No Shame Intended

I have always been amazed by the bad press D&D receives. I could go on and on about the virtues of gaming... but preaching to choirs and all. Too many people are afraid of being associated with it. Closet gamers... My boss made a D&D reference the other day, and then quickly told me "that never leaves this room." Heaven forbid anyone think he played a game that stretches the mind and encourages creativity and problem solving skills.

One of my girlfriends in High School, Nicole... you guys remember that bitch... her dad was so vehemently opposed to D&D, he told her that she was "not to go near me while we were playing that evil game, nor be present when the books were out in the open." What a tool.

My oldest kid is about the age we were when we started playing... which kinda boggles the mind. I've been trying to figure out the best way to break him in. Any suggestions?

No comments: