12.08.2006

Again

Tut, noted. Obviously all the poems and frescoes and mage/jester/girl thing is flavor text and has little to do with what actually goes on in the game itself. Puzzles have mostly been removed, except that I try to make 'boss fights' more interesting than straight up blogrolling. Been largely unsuccessful, but I continue to try.

Thanks for the words of support; I'll try to provide some more obvious avenues and direction. Steve, you have just as much right to complain as any of us. Actually, I think I've got the least right to complain.

Paul and Mark, your specific complaints are really just in-game questions, and so I have addressed them there. However, the fact that you posted them here says to me that there are out-of-game aspects to these questions you're unhappy with. Mark says "whatever, let's move on", but Paul expressed dissatisfaction, and I'd guess finds these issues more serious? Reading between the lines, it sounds like the out-of-game complaint is again questioning whether I have the aptitude to GM a game. I'll assume you guys are just venting and bitching, unless you tell me you want to revisit this issue.

As a first pass: the fight didn't go as 'planned', which itself is sort of interesting, and you were all captured, stripped of equipment, and knocked out. At which point I really have no choice but to storyline you.

Furthermore, given the nature of how the blog game has to be run, having a 'trial' for you guys would've been slow and boring. It has seemed to me that the game works best in episodes, which has required some storylining from episode to episode. Besides, oh come on, there are dead priests and blood on your weapons and 'reputable' witnesses!

But, I really have no obligation to explain the particular psychology or choices made by a guard captain. You can accept out of game that I simulated said captain, weighed the evidence, thought about the situation from his perspective and acted accordingly. You can complain about the ultimate effects of that in-game, as expected. But to post here- well, it comes across as you accusing me of bad GMing. I'm getting a little sick of it; are you trying to provide feedback of some kind? It's sort of working, but the form it takes leaves me cold. And ugh, should I point out each time you suck and fail as players? (This is what I meant, Tut, by 'references provided upon request'...) I'd prefer not to, and have resisted so far, just because I think it's fuel to the fire rather than constructive.

Rather I'd just prefer to post game stuff on the main page and advance things through, and post pictures of tripod fish here on the DiD:Bitch page. As usual, Blogger Haiku knows just what to say:

Be still and listen
Will I make it out of here?
How was your day mom?

No comments: