12.06.2006

Descent into Daves: Table Talk

Hey all - sorry for not posting so much lately, but it's finals week, and there's ben some other shit. Sigh. Coming to an end, but now there's some grading.

I think I'm doing a modified-Mike maneuver, where I look at all the finals, assess them subjectively as to the grade, and then end up giving everyone the grade they deserve. In the last three years of teaching I've had ONE student come to me the next term and ask to see their final, so I think I'm okay...

And it's the modified-Mike maneuver, because I'm taking the final into consideration, and I'll put some sort of subjective grade into the system, and if anyone asks to see their exam I'll say 'oopsie - left it at home. Can you come back tomorrow and I'll bring it in?' and then grade THAT one. The Mike maneuver was to not read their finals at all.

Anyway. I have a Masters degree now. It's official. Yay, I would say, except I'm mostly too tired for the chortling and the joy.

Also - I'm running an Intel Core Dup MacBook, OSX 10.4, Safari, with a 1280x800 screen. At school I've got some crappy PC with a crappy screen that I use sometimes.

And it's DiD that made me upgrade laptops more than anything - this site is so graphics-intensive that I need the larger screen size to correctly appreciate all the subtle nuances that is the glory of our geeky gaming blog.

No comments: