9.21.2006

Whither DiD?

Thanks for the edit Brogg. I'll do the same.

Oof, I guess Zom and the Book are creating a bit of internal dispute. Guys, don't worry, they're a couple of my favorite things right now, so you should see similar things coming up in the future. Especially the book, I've been trying to come up with a way to add IF-style puzzles to DiD, but they had to be single char, stand alone, and do-able at any time, so as not to impede the storyline.

...

About a week ago, I was thinking of asking you guys where DiD should be going, thinking that as the first campaign wraps up, we could start a new one, or keep going with the same chars, or both and open it up again to new players.

But I think I've got enough posts as it is to deal with.

Anyway, something to think about is where all this is going... different people have different feelings about 'high-level' games, and while you certainly won't be high level for a while, pretty soon people will have 5th level spells, which is traditionally where things get real hectic (Raise Dead, Teleport, Plane Shift and Contact Other Plane being the big offenders).

"Pretty soon" probably means by xmas though. This is just super-advance notice so we can philosophize about where to take the game. Or, huh... Dave FoO's been lvl 7 for a while now. Level 9 maybe springtime?

No comments: