9.22.2006

Blog = OK

Perhaps I am missing something, but I think Blogger works just fine. It has its quirks (ie. you guys are running into that word verification thing) but for the most part I think it suits our needs. I think we should look at what other features we would like to have. HP counter has been mentioned, what else? If we put together a list of desired features, we can then build up the new version around it. If we only want/need a few changes like a HP counter, we can add certain things to the sidebars with some fairly simple HTML code that only Rob and Mark can edit. I agree with Mark that simplicity is the best direction. Sure, any of us are intelligent to write and manipulate code... but it sure is nice to log in, type a post and click on a few buttons.

In summary, I think we should put together a list of features/functions that we would like to have and from there start to build.

That being said, I wouldn't mind throwing a couple bucks at DiD 2.0 should some costs arise. Also, I have some resources here at work that could likely help if we decide to bring this thing in house and host it ourselves.

No comments: