1.25.2007

Movie time

I don't understand the whole executive bonus thing. I mean, I do, but wouldn't you feel dirty taking a multi-million dollar check while your company collapses around you?

...

Yup, I think Pan's Labyrinth is the best in the genre.

I've seen a lot of horrible stuff lately. I wanted to see this old horror movie called "Eyes Without A Face" by this French guy. (Which is good.) Walked into the video store and asked for it, and the clerk said "oh yeah, we have that on VHS". I said okay. He said "but no, you don't want that. You want the DVD version, for the extras." I said I don't usually watch that stuff. He said "trust me- you want to see this."

The 'extras' amounted to an extremely graphic documentary on Paris abattoirs. Holy Christ. And I thought Cannibal Holocaust was rough. I kept hoping it would end.

Not daunted, I watched a pair of old Japanese horror movies in a series called 'Guinea Pig'. The first, "Devil's Experiment" was just awful. Basically a snuff film. Although I Spit On Your Grave, Last House on the Left, and Salo are arguably much worse for the actual content.

The second Guinea Pig was more entertaining. It was called "The Android of Notre Dame" and is was like Frankenhooker starring a midget. And the title really has nothing to do with the movie except for this line of dialog:

Midget Scientist: "You've heard of the Hunchback of Notre Dame?"
His Dying Sister: "Yes..."
MS: "Did you know he was really an android?"
HDS: (faint, sad smile... she looks off in the distance)
And, scene.

No comments: