1.17.2007

Google's gettin' jiggy with us

So, 'American Bald Eagle' pulls up nothing in Google, unless you do an 'images' search. There, we're on the main page.

I wanted to test this out, so I did some searches. 'Fucking rats' didn't pull us up - neither did 'Trouble With A Few Giant Rats' or 'I had to look up Enya' or 'Theodore Koppel' or 'A forest green vest' - all from recent posts.

'I fucking hate lycanthropes' came up on the second search page.

'Norman Rockwell And Stavos Vanilli' gave three pages, which look like they cull various blogs. It's kinda weird - one of them had links to two of Thak's entries (and that's it for DiD stuff).

I suspect we'll need a blitz kind of campaign to get other sites to link here, if we want to start appearing in them Google searches. God knows if someone is looking for 'first aid for rat bite' they oughta have the option of checking out what we're doing. I mean - if they've got the time to do a web search when there's a medical emergency, they've got the time to read a fantasy gaming blog.

Anyway. I have another snow day tomorrow. I'll see what I can do about spreading the word. I want us to get the cash to fund that D&D project!

Oh - and if you look in the last year, 3 people came our way when looking for jug fucking. So hello to all you jug fuckers, or those of you who are undecided about jug fucking. I hope our little blog can help you make some of those hard decisions, or at least shed some light on the whole jug fucking issue. Thank you and goodnight.

No comments: