8.24.2006

Slap that Horse

Rob, I hope that's an acronym.

That's a good question. Ed and I were talking about it some time ago. We came to the conclusion that seeing Jesus appear more than once would be pretty hard to ignore.

As much as I hate to say it, if Jesus appeared to me twice in a very lucid, magical way, I don't think I could write it off. Hell, if he appeared once and stayed for long enough, that might do the trick too. However, his entrance would need to be unnatural, and his visit would have to be substantial. Some guy walking up to me who looks like Jesus isn't going to do it.

As for auditory only, I would have to hear a lot before I started to give ground. I'd much sooner doubt my mind than the nature of the universe.

What would do it for you, Rob?

I just thought: What if God appeared as a tentacled mushroom? I think no matter what his message, I'd think he was an alien. Hmm...

Chris, I totally agree with your cost post. The intolerance and inflexibility resulting from organized religion pisses me off frequently. And, thanks for answering my previous question.

No comments: