8.23.2006

My Two Bits

One must worship according to the dictates of his/her own conscience. No other person can tell you what to believe. I think that is the secret to true religion. It boils down to a person relating to his/her choice of deity. I think in the end, organized religions are the constructs man has built to try to cope with the intangibility of a higher power.

There are thousands of flavors Christianity, let alone the thousands of other religions in the world. Anyone asking "which religion is right?" is missing the point. Truth isn't held captive in the walls of the pretty church building on the corner. Truth is for us to discover, on our own.

The bible is a complete mess and mainstream Christianity is bass ackwards. I could go on and on all day… but I'm not sure this is the venue.

I just figured that as the real-life registered clergyman in the crew, I better weigh in…

No comments: