8.12.2006

Conspiracy Theories

Chris, you raise some really great points. Several of them get addressed in the film. They consider several suspects, one of which is the consumer... and there's no question that we are guilty. I'm not calling the film the gospel truth, but I stand by my "required viewing" comment because the prevailing paradigm will never change as long as we have bikini clad hot chicks laying across the hoods of Vipers while the "Hemi guy" tells me that 20mpg is great.

I picked up that What the bleep movie at the video store yesterday... When I read that "a woman gets carried away into a world of quantum mechanic conundrums" I promptly put it back down. Looked like some third year film student got hiss/her hands on a novel that taught them just enough to be dangerous.

Loose change is great. I don't think it is true... at least not entirely... but there is a lot of compelling information in there. I respect what the film makers did with so little resources, especially in the face of the the common reverence to 9/11. Definitely worth a watch.

No comments: