6.20.2006

ScrapsAhoy

ScrapsAhoy. I don't even remember where this came from. I think it might have been from clicking the 'Go to a random blog' button at the top right corner too much. I think we just all loved the name and the... the earnest-ness of the site. Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but maybe something there resonated with us gamers... you know, the whole quasi-social aspect of sitting around, working on a project that's kinda lame and very personal, rolling dice or pasting doilies, arguing with the DM or comparing wallpaper sample patterns. Two sides of the same coin, mayhaps.

Actually if you look through the archives, go to Feb 06 and you'll find where Ed turned us onto it. During a time when we were all enamoured of everyone's awesome blogs out there.

I'm Windows. Like I said, I'm not gonna be the one to do it, but if someone else can make it easy for all of us to log on at the same time, same website, go for it, let's give it a try. I've got a few hrs free here and there I guess.

No comments: