6.16.2006

Greetings

Hey,

Glad to meet you all! My name is Justin and I'm a college student from Virginia. I've been reading your blog for a while now, ever since someone linked to it on the rpg.net. Anyhow, I checked out the reference page, thought the whole thing looked interesting, especially with the anachronisms, humor, blogs for important npcs, etc., so I started reading from the beginning and eventually caught up with the storyline. DiD has been somewhat like an extremely humorous fantasy novel for me, and I'm quite enthusiastic to take part in its future writing.

About my character, his name is Moth, and I'm going to go with half-elf for race, and I'm thinking either Bard (if I can figure out exactly how the 1e bard works) or Fighter/Magic-User/Thief for class. As for my experiences/thoughts on gaming, I've been playing D&D in small campaigns since high school, and got to start a longer ongoing game in college. I've DMed mostly, almost always in custom worlds. I started off playing 2nd edition, but the bulk of my experience has been with 3rd edition. I have a small collection of 1st edition books, though, so I'm familiar with what's going on here. I've always been pretty laid back about gaming, and while I usually keep my milieu mostly serious, I think humor is an important part of the game.

Well that's about all I can think of to say at the moment. I'll get to work on my character sheet. I'm just going to assume that we're using the 4d6 drop lowest method for stat generation and that Bards are allowed, if I'm incorrect just let me know. Look forward to gaming with you all! Oh, and Rob, now worries about my character backstabbing the party. I've dealt with enough players like that. Ech.

No comments: