3.16.2007

Uh, sorry dude. I'm loaded.

Sorry Steve, I might not have mentioned that Gao Qi and I have a net worth of 2 million. -We're rich dude.

JK. It's an interesting thought, however. -I think the pursuit of capital can be a respectable endeavor.

I have also thought about it from time to time; it would be easy for me to get into a good med school now and be rich 8 years later. I doubt I would actually dislike clinical medicine, too. However, I really like research. I am my own boss, it gives me time to think, to be creative, to travel, and to even spend time on hobbies. I'm not rich, but by comparison to the rest of the earth, I bet I am in the top 10%. Even more, there is the potential to make more money in the future: patents, consulting, entrepreneurship, or the book I am writing. -Who knows what will pan out, but I don't feel a ceiling, and that's what's most important to me.

I know it is cliche as hell, but diggin' your journey is what it is all about. -I've met several rich miserable people. But, if you look at someone like Donald Trump, he's not in it just for the money. You can tell he really digs what he is doing. -The guy is in his skin. It's obvious. Being Donald Trump is probably a lot more important to him than the money. Yes, they are inseparable, but you know what I mean.

This is what keeps me happy: 1) Do things that are hard. 2) Create something daily.

Two cool stories: Tons of water on Mars. Funny cryptology thing.

Oh yeah, one more thought: I don't think money has anything to do with being a good or bad person. There are tons of poor assholes and lots of good rich people. I like all good people, and don't hold an abundance or lack of money against anyone.

No comments: