3.20.2007

I wish I had Ed's hair.

Steve, I think that you are trying to say that we are folk who value ideas. -I think it's most apparent in our shared sense of humor. You guys are some witty bastards, and you make me laugh much more than anyone else can.

I think a lot of happiness derives from taking risks. Big Debe should know all about this. That guy should've died more than once in the pursuit of happiness. However, I am not talking just about physical risks, obviously.

I recall one morning, sitting on Rob's, Ed's and Chris' floor in Boston, just a few months after I had moved back to Rocktown. I was out for a visit, and I really missed that life of chilling in Boston. School was rough, and I wasn't satisfied with where I was. At that moment, I had an epiphany. I thought to myself: Who do I envy, and why do I envy them?

I soon came to the conclusion that everyone I envied had one thing in common, and it wasn't money: They had achieved something difficult. From that moment on, I resolved to suspend the pursuit of happiness in order to achieve something difficult. For me, that was a degree in Physics. And somehow, happiness followed. Since then, I've tried to live by the two rules I previously mentioned: 1) Do things that are hard, and 2) create something everyday.

It works for me.

Oh yeah, and 3) I'm worth it! You go girl!!!

No comments: