3.01.2007

KT

Sorry I haven't checked my email in awhile. I've been working a lot and I was dating a new girl. Now she's pissed off at me, so I'll probably have more time to check email and stuff.

Why would a healing spell take 10 rounds to cast? That seems silly. I think 1 round, 1 action is a good formula to stick to. An alternative would be to make more powerful heals heal each round for 3+ rounds or something. If you want to make healing less powerful, have Cure Serious do 2d8 / round for 3 rounds instead of 4d8 instantly. Something like that.

I don't think anyone is going to want to say "I cast Cure Serious" and then just wait for 10 round to go by.

Another option is to do away with memorized spells, and make people DO a certain amount of damage before they have enough "energy" or "anger" or whatever to cast a heal. In other words, maybe they have to d0 20 pts of damage to an enemy to heal 15 pts to a friend. It's just another idea.

No comments: