3.16.2007

My compass.

It's an interesting thought: our group's moral compass. I think we enjoy each other for like-mindedness, but of course, we must be somewhat like-minded because we spent so much time together. Either way, I don't care. Not because I don't feel like being introspective, but because it works for me, -my compass that is.

Everyday, my compass takes me to places that I am happy to find. It really does. Maybe other people don't always 'get it', but I don't assume they should. -I don't want their compass, they don't need mine. I like science, games, travel and art. I need to frequently work at that stuff and with that stuff to make me happy. I like money too, more than some, but not as much as others. I need a minimum amount of cash to keep me happy. -I have an IRA because I want to build some security in that sense. I drive a Mercedes but wear Chuck Taylors, I like to have both. (Rob wears a tie but does his experiments to house music). However, in 20 years, I might want other things.

Sounds to me like you want a goal that feels good working towards, Steve. As your friend, my best guess is that goal has something to do with 'wealth' and 'executive power'. You are an optimizer my friend, and you enjoy the finer things in life, especially when they are the fruits of your labor. I believe you find joy in "cutting through the shit", and getting business done. In all honesty, I think you'd thrive with an independent private enterprise. -Something to call your own. It's my opinion that once an opportunity to "maximize strategy in order to maximize you personal gain" presented itself, you'd find crazy energy.

Dude, DiD is not dead. -Not while Koppel is on Toppel.

No comments: