5.10.2006

Marivhon

from what I can gather I would say that the 2 views I have presented are orthoganal. The solipsist philosphers in my world would view themselves independants in the world, and assume as little as possible in regards to their being influenced by the divine, karmic pasts, social pressures etc. They would set out to construct their realities based solely on their experience and exlude from the realm of reality anything they do not have direct experience of. The palimbsest world view would make sense of the individual through culture, the divine, and the self. More importantly the individaul can be overriden by these things, hence the writting over part. It's a way of making sense of some things. It's also the belief that individuals are really divine at their core and only have their individuality written faintly over that divine being. They are the two main philosphical outlooks on life in my world.

No comments: