6.19.2007

Update from Ancient Egypt...

You hear static crackle over the radio.

Your ears perk up.

You adjust the knob (on the radio, dickhead).

You hear a voice come over the radio waves. It's thin and haunting, yet somehow strong, deep, and powerful, as if it were liquid lavender oil wrapped in molten steel that had cooled so that it was no longer molten, but steel, while at the same time echoing wtih an odd dissonance, as if it were being relayed from thousands of miles away.

You listen to the words.

So, I know I have been laying low for awhile. Frankly, I was depressed with the job situation. But, I just learned that I got a job. It's a great one too. Corporate tax, 15% raise from my previous job (plus less hours! 40 per week!), the building is beautiful, and it's perfect. So, all is well back in the land of Egypt.

This has been percolating for a little while, but I kept it on the down low because I didn't want to bring good news only to have it fall through.

So, have a drink for ol' KT, because he's happy again.

No comments: