6.01.2007

ok.

Huh, maybe you shouldn't have killed me Rob.

Ok, Dell is out. I'm glad you like yours, and they have gotten better, but they still aren't where it's at. That's why I said they were on the out list.

I think it's funny that people think that there are multi-media computers, and that there are gaming computers, and school computers. A good computer should do it all. I personally want to buy a Tablet PC with Tablet 2005 on it with an onboard optical drive, and 12 inch widescreen, but I have to buy a house first.

all laptops bought today that cost over a grand should have dedicated video memory. 256 megs please. They should have wireless N networking, they should have bluetooth. IF they have a TV tuner card it should do digital in addition to the analog abilities, especially if you pay another 150 bucks, because it will be WORTHLESS in 2 years. All this shit should be on the inside of the laptop, not a card, a usb thing, blah. I don't believe how hard it is to even get an s-video out. It's a lot better than it was a year ago, but come on. And for fucks sake, how hard is it to get an HDMI port and HD capabilities. I understand the format fight and the reluctance to pick a disc, but people will buy it. xps dell for $2300 sucks. It doesn't have very good Processors, video, it doesn't come in a 15 inch wide screen. You pay extra for XP instead of Vista crap.

So anyway, that's how I feel about computers, well some of how I feel. Sure low end laptops are great. It's amazing what you can get for 400 bucks now, new. It's real revolution. The problem is if you spend another 1000, you don't usually get much at all for it, unless you do some serious research. I'm reminded of Cars, most people buy for color, or power as an accesory, a statement about themselves. Mac's dont even come with a word program, WTF?

Directors cut all the way. Sean Young was actually very young. if I remember right.

Well that's all I can say quickly.

I hope dell enjoys the hate mail they will get if they put Ubuntu on their computers, it's not ready for most home users. I won't get any Linux machine for a while.

my computer is a 600 mhz IBM running Linux. It works fine for me most of the time, but realplayer, java, flash all that shit is a bitch to install. Open office rocks though, but I don't use it.

ok really good night and good luck.

No comments: