10.09.2006

'Sexyback' is a well-constructed pop song

Haven't used PirateBay... actually I've never downloaded any kind of BitTorrent thing. But isn't it that Swedish website that had a guy run for Swedish parliment or something? Pushing Free Stuff On The Internet as his political agenda? Think I read something about that last year.

Free Stuff On The Internet is such a weird issue. On the one hand, personally I'd like anything I do to be widely, freely accessible. Certainly anyone can download my papers freely, and hell, anyone can go and read a great song about a golem here on our blog. But on the other hand, I have no problem with going to the store and paying $15-$20 for the Gorillaz' CD or $70 for Xena Warrior Princess on DVD.

It seems retarded to prosecute 13 year old girls for illegally sharing Justin Timberlake's new album- which is better than it has any right to be, incidentally- but this Free Stuff Internet issue is more complicated than that.

No comments: