10.06.2006

The secret is: Jesus is a lady

DaVinci Code. Only here in semi-anonymity will I admit I read it. As far as schlock fiction goes, it's a masterpiece. It was written to be a blockbuster movie, although I didn't see the movie itself: small set of over-the-top characters, lots of action in short chapters, power of family love, predictable plot twist. It was certainly better and more enjoyable, and faster/easier to read, than Danielle Steele's "Ghost", which sucked in many different ways and holds the title of worst book I've read cover to cover. But DaVinci Code, it's still pop schlock.

I am happy though that people are still reading books though, and books close to a gamer's heart (e.g., Harry Potter). It's weird that reading Harry Potter seems to be more a chick thing, too. At a club a few months ago I overheard two goth girls raving about the books, while the goth boy standing by just rolled his eyes. They called him a 'Sniverin' or something, whatever the evil wizards are, I dunno. I'll read the books all at once if the last book kills off Harry, that's my promise to the world.

Speaking of pop schlock, I read this thing on the internet that says Jurassic Park 4 is in the works, and they're doing a whole new thing with it: it's about mutant dinosaur ninjas or something, military-trained dinosaurs with rocket launchers. That's so fucking stupid that it's genius. 10 yr olds around the world just had their first nocturnal emissions.

No comments: