8.31.2005

There's been a lot of xp, I think

Okay, sure Marivhon, I can see why you're pissed about the 1st level thing. But check out the math.

So you have 1800 xp. What that means is since you've joined the adventure, the PCs have grossed 1800 X 5 = 9000 xp. That's a lot. In real time, yeah, a month or two has gone by. But in the game, you've been on two adventures. 6000 xp came from the unicorn thing. 3000 xp came from the monks. If you're complaining about the real time, that's out of my hands. I try to update the blog daily if not more than that, but if we're in combat, and people are out for a few days in between rounds, you can see how that'll slow things down. "It wasn't me..."

Yeah, you killed a lot of unicorns, but if you look, you'll see that most of those unicorns SUCKED. They had 1 or 2 HD. Romeo and Andicorn were tough, but they had maybe 4 or 5 HD. Still not worth 1000 xp. Most of the xp comes from the magic items and the valor of the deed of defeating the unicorn king.

You guys grossed 3000 xp for defeating a few low level monks, four medium level monks and one 6 HD modron. Not bad I'd say.

If you'll check DM's guide, you'll see that a 1 HD creature is worth approximately 20 xp. So I think I've been fairly generous with the xp awards. In fact, that's why I threw the GMoF in the mix... if you could figure out a way to beat that module, it'd be worth a crapload of xp and everyone would level. Didn't happen, but hey, no one died, you got some xp, and in the end the campaign was advanced in an unexpected way.

I'm still running this full steam. So if you want xp, get off your ass and get out there and adventure. If you lead somewhere, the other PCs will follow. They kinda won't have much choice. Don't know where to go? This is fucking 1st edition. Treasure maps, pirate ships, ancient crypts, all that crap is all over the place. Just ask around or whatever.

Hope this clarified things.

No comments: