5.11.2007

Poor KT

Well, I lost my job at the accounting firm. I think it was because the Florida Bar Association called the managing partner and 2 of my supervisors, I think the firm just figured that I was going to work there for a little bit and move to Florida. Which is exactly what I was going to do, I just needed about 1 more year's experience before I could go. So, now I'm just kicking it in Chicago, looking for work.

I thought having 2 graduate degrees would be nice, but with only about 6 months experience, it turns out I'm pretty much overqualified for entry level work and not experienced enough for senior level work. I have to fly down to Florida in July for an administrative hearing with the Bar to explain my alcohol-related tickets from years ago. Hopefully that will go well and I'll eventually get admitted.

Anyways, I'm not in the best of moods these days. I get all intro- (and retro-) spective when things go bad, like I second-guess my decision to get the degrees, how hard I worked in school, etc. I see a lot of missed opportunities and laziness. Don't think I'm all doom and gloom though, I'm still keeping the chin up.

I haven't told anyone besides my parents and you guys.

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled randomness of Teddy Ruxpin, eagles, and castles or whatever.

No comments: