1.09.2006

Music

Okay Mark, I sent you probably five or six more mp3s. Most of my collection is larger than 10 Mb per file, so it won't make it, which is a shame because there's some good stuff there (e.g., trans-x, living on video, which you probably don't even know you want to hear). The other stuff is mostly mashups, and it seems that people either love em or hate em, I'm the former, if you're the later let me know and I'll just keep uploading paula abdul straight up. Ha! Get it? It's a pun on her, you know, her song title.

I don't have any more glitch stuff unmixed, so if you have any, send it on. The only New Order I've got is Angel Dust, Vicious Streak, and Round and Round, plus a crapload of Blue Monday remixes.

So maybe this is better as an email question, but fuck it. Dave and I were talking about this over holiday. What's the #1 dance song? Of all time maybe, but at least over the last two-three decades. I was saying Blue Monday, for historical reasons, and because it's been remixed more times than anything else I know. Plus, I've head it played at raves, techno clubs, goth clubs, mainstream dance clubs, and new wave clubs, so it's got that cross-genre appeal thing the kids love today. Any other contenders?

No comments: