9.14.2005

The great big blog world needs to hear how Cinder stole some bling from the king

Hey Mark, thanks for all that stuff. I guess I never really knew what newsfeeds, RSS, all that crap was. The blogger search thing is fucking awesome though. Long time coming, and god do I love horrible blogs.

So, in case you guys didn't know, I've been 'blogging' for some of the NPCs too. Not like I got a lot of free time, and it's really pretty indefensible and worthless. Vrill's blog is potionguild, and his apprentice's blog is apprenticesteve1000. Druid Smallwood has a blog that is, well, I won't spoil it just yet. Anyway, I posted some 'blogger gems' up on Steve's thing if you want to check it out. Steve inherited sort of a narrow range of interests, and damn was I surprised how much owlbear shit was out there. Everyone really does love owlbears, it's only a fraction because I can only do that shit for so long. Of course, we're not the only ones gaming like this, and there's some MI-TEE FINE gaming blogs goin' on. As far as I can tell though, we are the only ones doing a propa sendup of 1E; I'm pretty surprised, although I guess the game Hackmaster is itself a sendup, and there seem to be a couple HM blogs.

So I just wonder though- does anyone read this and give a shit? I doubt it... I love DnD, but it kinda seems like one big inside joke to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if other people scanned it and shrugged. However, it might be nice if 'visitors' want to comment on shit; I really am curious if anyone has read this crap. I can't bring myself to have a 'guest book' because that is SO SOOO LAME, but, well, maybe something like that. Kinda nice to work so much on something that others can enjoy. I mean, it's just downright unfair to keep these rhymes chained:

climbin walls, pickin locks
gettin paid, buyin stocks
stole some bling from the king
now he's down by the docks

my name is gregolas half-elven
and I'm livin in this dwellin
with some zombies and a felon
so it's time to hear my yellin

(Some of my finest work, IMHO. Hey look! I'm a fucking INTERNET DORK.)

No comments: